AST-GPSRF is a superheterodyne receiver, with an on-chip low noise amplifier (LNA), local oscillator, one down conversion IF stage (at 4.092 MHz), an automatic gain controlled amplifier (AGC), an on chip IF band pass filter and a 2-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
The down converter works with 16.368MHz reference clock and sampling clock of 16.368MHz is internally generated.
The down converter has internal band pass filter, which does not require external calibration. Antenna connection and open circuit can be sensed and the information is made available.
The chip can be interfaced with any active/passive GPS antenna.
- Fully integrated GPS and Galileo RF front-end IC
- On-chip LNA, PLL and IF band pass filter
- Digital 2-bit output
- Single 2.7 to 3.3V power supply
- Power down mode supported
- Antenna sensing circuit present on-chip